Join Our Team
Do you want to be a part of an amazing, dynamic team? Amaanah Refugee Services has the following position available:
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
Reports to: Board of Directors
Amaanah Refugee Services is a post-resettlement agency on a mission to integrate resettled refugees into their new homes and communities. Our team is diverse, motivated, and passionate about our work.
The CEO is responsible for implementing and expanding the organization’s mission. Key areas include leading and motivating the team, engaging stakeholders to increase funding, and overseeing day-to-day activities. The CEO will work closely with the Board of Directors to ensure the overall health of the organization and oversee a leadership team.
Amaanah Refugee Services serves clients in Houston and Austin. Candidates should be willing to work out of our HQ in Houston.
Essential Job Functions
- Serve as a role model and motivator to the team.
- Advance the vision and mission of the organization internally and externally.
- Engage the Board of Directors to create strategies and increase funding sources.
- Update the Board of Directors on progress, challenges, and activities of the organization.
- Ensure all systems operate efficiently and within budget.
- Closely manage the entire financial structure to ensure transparency and integrity.
- Fundraise for operational and program activities from public and private sources.
- Develop the organizations infrastructure and resources.
- Ensure quality of programs and services is maintained and improved.
- Oversee team performance evaluations.
- Maintain strong relationships with donors and major contributors.
- Partner with other agencies to increase quality and effective of services.
- Represent the organization at high level meetings and events.
- Actively seek out and explore opportunities for growth and improvement.
- Visionary and motivated
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field
- 7 years of similar or related professional experience
- Proven development and marketing experience
- Proven program management experience
- Energetic and entrepreneurial leader who can work with diverse stakeholders
- Effective communicator who can work with diverse stakeholders
- Excellent management and organizational skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis.
To apply, email your resume to email@example.com.